The choice of the right material for a design project can be critical to the success of the product. The selection of the right material can influence design on many levels. Perhaps the most obvious considerations are manufacturing costs and performance of the end product.
There are no simple rules for choosing the most suitable resin. Rather, it is a question of understanding the characteristics of the plastics. Thorough understandings of various properties of material are very essential factor to achieve the intended function and life of the product within appropriate cost.
Plastics parts for technical applications usually have to meet a whole range of requirements. These requirements include and not limited to minimum values for strength, stiffness; thermal deformation temperature, impact resistance, environmental stress resistance, chemical resistance and UV resistance. In assemblies, these requirements may include coefficient of friction; wear resistance, compatibility with other materials, etc. Decorating & Assembly process like printing, painting, coating, welding, do have specific impact on selection of material.
A balance needs to be sought between costs, manufacturing feasibility and finding the right material for the job. Therefore, it is always good to start a matrix which matches the design demands versus the cost to see which would be the optimum material to use. Here expertise on plastics material comes in picture.
With over 22 years of experience in Plastics, we can assist you achieve prefect balance between cost and performance of the product to grow in competitive market.
There are more than 72,000 plastics to choose for right application. Some popular materials are,
- Poly Phenylene Sulphide : PPS
- Poly Phenylene Oxide : PPO
- PolyOxy Methylene : POM
- Polyamides : Nylon 6, 6/6, 6/12, 11, 12, 24
- Poly Carbonate : PC
- Polyesters : PBT, PET
- Polyetherimide : PEI
- Polyethersulphone : PES
- Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene : ABS
- Polycarbonate/Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene Blend : PC- ABS Blend
- Poly Ether Ether Keton : PEEK
- Polystyrene : PS
- High Impact Polystyrene : HIPS
- Poly Methyl Methcrylate : PMMA
- Styrene Acrylonitrile : SAN
- Polypropylene : PP
- Polyethylenes : LDPE,HDPE
- Ethylene propylene diene Monomer : EPDM
- Thermoplastic Elastomer : TPE
We continually collaborate with world class material suppliers to keep on the cutting edge of resin technology and upcoming trends.
We are strategically located in the plastics material manufacturing hub. Few to name are Sabic, Du-Pont, Ineos, Reliance, Rhodia, Solvay, Tipco . . .
We strongly support “Go Green” trend in plastics to keep our planet “Greener”. Our team is very familiar with the following substance controlling initiative:
- RoHS – Restrictions of Hazardous Substances
- WEEE – Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment
- REACh – Registration, Evaluation, Authorization and Restriction of Chemicals
- IMDS – International Material Data System
- Bio degradable plastics