Injection Molding Services
“What do you expect from Injection Molding Organisation? Great quality, delivery and pricing! That’s a given. What about solutions, innovation and value addition!”
“We bid Scientific Injection Molding principles to manufacture precision injection molded products that exceed product specifications and consistently meet all applicable quality standards”
A complete package of experience and creativity, well supported by our state of the art Injection molding facility provides ability to produce most durable and consistent products. An expertise in maintaining tool and injection molding machine, increases plant uptime which enable us delivery of product right in time.
Our injection molding core capabilities includes,
- Understanding product design characteristics
- Thorough understandings of various properties of plastics
- Specialize in processing diverse and difficult polymers
- Understanding of Highly complex tools
- Tool and process validation methodology
- Scientific Processing of Engineering & High performance plastics
- Injection molding of high precision components with close tolerance
- Insert Molding, In-mold decorative molding, Over-molding etc.
- Comprehensive in-house mold maintenance service
- Statistical Process Control & Monitoring
- Positive & innovative problem-solving approach
These has back-up of individual programs broken down to,
|Injection Molding Program|
Only consistent and reliable process can deliver a product that meets or exceeds product specifications. Scientific validation of injection molding process is therefore our endeavour to achieve customer satisfaction in long run.
Scientific process validation:
The purpose of the validation is to identify a capable mold-process combination, which will achieve required part dimensions and tolerances consistently and repeatedly. A mold-processing window is set during qualification to assure the quality of parts before they are actually manufactured and supplied to the customer.
When we think the part is qualified in reality it is combination of mold and process. There can be three methods to qualify the molds. Each method has its own value. However, each has a dramatically different cost. 1. Functional qualification, 2. Dimensional qualification, 3. Statistical qualification.
A statistical qualification covers validation of mold-process combination.
The policy of “No mold can be tried without proper mold-machine-material” is strictly followed to achieve best possible results.
Main steps of process validation are,
Process stability test:
The purpose of the Process Stability Test is to identify major mechanical design or construction defects, which can cause part variation over time. Process stability is established with no short shots, flash, scratches, etc., prior to running designed experiments.
Mold viscosity test: This test is to identify the maximum and minimum injection velocity and pressure with a specific plastic material. The objective is to push the same amount of material at the same rate during each machine cycle. Viscosity changes as the flow rate changes. With change in flow rate, whenever the viscosity changes, the parts will vary. The greater control over material viscosity, the easier it is to have a consistent molding process and part quality.
Balance of fill analysis: The purpose of the Balance of Fill Analysis is to evaluate the thermal and flow balance of the plastic melt distribution system. Better the balance, more reliable process with minimum built in stress.
Gate seal test: The purpose of the Gate Freeze Test is to identify the hold pressure necessary to seal the gate. The amount and duration of hold pressure has very large effect on the dimensional stability and outer appearance of the molded part. This test also establishes the ideal part weight.
Multi cavity analysis: The purpose of multi-cavity analysis is to identify difference between cavities on critical dimensions and to ensure that all cavities in the mold deliver same quality. X bar and R bar chart help decide the variation.
Process Capability study: The purpose of the capability study is to determine if the process can meet the specified CTQ tolerance ranges. Initially mold should be made metal safe. In this step it is determined for how much metal needs to be modified in the mold to keep the process capable.
Process Centering: After Process Capability for CTQ part dimensions, the mold metal is re-cut to match centre of dimension. Changing the metal in the mold based on the optimal process, is preferred over changing the process to get the dimensional variation centered. This enables process capable of achieving part specified tolerances.
The output of these tests is translated in to the “Master Set-Up card” and preserved for all future runs for highest possible repeatability.
SPC Capability in Injection Molding
Rather than inspecting an injection molded parts just at the end of the manufacturing process, we aim to conduct checks throughout all phases of the injection molding process. This can be done by Statistical Process Control methods. Our machines are capable of gathering required data for SPC analysis.
Benefits of SPC Capability
The main advantage is monitoring and control of the manufacturing process. Additionally, we can actually improve and streamline how injection molds can be made by eliminating any deviations that could occur. SPC ensures that the proper amount of material is utilized, inhibiting operation errors from occurring, avoiding injection molding machine wear and any issues pertaining to mold measurement and tolerances.
Plastic Material processing competence:
Specialize in processing diverse and difficult polymers like,
- Controlled process that leads to “defect free product”.
- Part Discrimination: The process of knowing the part good or defective in real time, allows us to segregate suspect parts as molded, providing true process control.
- Scheduling Flexibility: Process parameters are derived from the plastic’s variables, not machine variables. This allows us to produce parts of consistent quality, regardless of the molding machine.
- Poly Phenylene Sulphide : PPS
- Poly Phenylene Oxide : PPO
- PolyOxy Methylene : POM
- Polyamides : Nylon 6, 6/6, 6/12, 11, 12, 24
- Poly Carbonate : PC
- Polyesters : PBT, PET
- Polyetherimide : PEI
- Polyethersulphone : PES
- Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene : ABS
- Polycarbonate/Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene Blend : PC- ABS Blend
- Poly Ether Ether Keton : PEEK
- Polystyrene : PS
- High Impact Polystyrene : HIPS
- Poly Methyl Methcrylate : PMMA
- Styrene Acrylonitrile : SAN
- Polypropylene : PP
- Polyethylenes : LDPE,HDPE
- Ethylene propylene diene Monomer : EPDM
- Thermoplastic Elastomer : TPE
Plastic Material processing competence: